Audition Town

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Secret of Perfects

Stacee
    Stacee

Secret of Perfects Empty Secret of Perfects

Post by Stacee Sun 27 Sep 2009, 8:07 pm

Kirahvi wrote:I thought copying my old topic from old forums and put it in here aswell with rewriting some parts. I am sorry that this is going to be wall of text, and most people won't bother reading it, but I do hope that it does help other people.

Firstly before you doubt whether it works or not, I can guarantee, if you have GOOD rhythmic sense, it will increase your perfects. I have posted this guide, well with different words, but basically same idea in audisea forums over 1 year ago, and most of the people really became true chainers in normal mode, and especially Beat uppers, those who already had high perfects, became even better on hitting perfs.

Warning: You probably will have to retrain by playing Audi for few weeks to month, before you can truly benefit from this change. But since it is new server, now could be the best time to do this change. Also IF you are new player this is one of the best tips out there. Starting as new player you never need to learn to press offbeat for every single song out there, but can immediately start aiming according to beat.

I thought it could be good to post it now, since everyone will be new to the server, and practically everyone must retrain their perfects anyways, so why not retrain the perfects to the best possible condition.

Introduction

One of the secrets of gaining lots of perfects in audition is having high FPS. You can check fps in game by pressing CTRL+ALT+F in any room.

Secret of Perfects Vsynco10

In the screenie notice the mouse cursor saying GameFPS 61 frames. This means the game is being updated 61 times in a second. The other number is 16.39 milliseconds, which means time between update of game is 16.39 milliseconds.

What does those numbers mean, they tell, that my computer has thing called Vsync being on, which occasionally makes the keyboard pressings lag, and therefore it makes the perfing harder, and could make the perf points slightly offbeat.

The frames can be 60, 70, 75, 80 or 85, but the main point is, that it always is that, never less or never more than those frames. In full room or when playing alone, if the frames always remain same, then you have vsync on.

What turning Vsync off does?
    You might wonder, how does turning Vsync help in Audition. The answer lies in the way we play the game. The game is based on hearing, rather than like other games based on reaction time. If the reaction time is delayed a bit, usually its not so crucial if it is few millisecond later or sooner, but Audition on the otherhand few millisecond later or sooner could mean hitting great instead of perfect.

As Griever stated, the vsync itself doesnt really do other than limit the GameFPS to the monitors refreshrate:

GrieverXVII wrote:V-sync is Vertical Sync, all it does and will ever do is reduce video tearing in your screen mainly used for fast paced games this is totally an optional prefrence. because LCD monitors have refresh rates of 60hz, games cap at 60fps with V-sync on to sync the fps with your monitors refresh rate to reduce video tearing from occuring!
    The thing is, if the Vsync itself is removed, then the thing that limits the GameFPS is also removed. This will in most cases make Audition run in higher GameFPS, if you have good enough computer. For older computers, they might not be able to run Audition any faster.

The higher the GameFPS is, the more often the faster the game reacts on pressing the keys. Therefore increasing GameFPS should result songs appearing to be more onbeat.
    Here are 2 games, first game having Vsync on, which is the case for most people, and the mode is Beat up:
    Secret of Perfects 2009_310
    Then playing a game having vsync turned off:
    Secret of Perfects 2009_311

I can admit that I could hit 900+ perfs with vsync on, if I trained enough, but never ever I could hit 1000+ perfs in Techno party without turning vsync off.

Last edited by Stacee on Mon 28 Sep 2009, 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Stacee
    Stacee

Secret of Perfects Empty Re: Secret of Perfects

Post by Stacee Sun 27 Sep 2009, 8:14 pm

Kirahvi wrote:First step: Know your graphics card manufacturer.

To see what processor and graphics card you got, you can use program called dxdiag. To start dxdiag in Windows XP you press Start -> Run as... then type dxdiag and press enter.
    Secret of Perfects Run10

Secret of Perfects Dxdiag10
    In windows Vista I think there is search & run for program launcer or something like that.

From dxdiag first page you can see your processor and memory your computer has. The processor name Ghz is more important to know rather than the model name, because audition in my experience doesn't use more than one core.

Secret of Perfects Dxdiag11
    Selecting the display tag you can see the video card modelname and manufacturer.
    Secret of Perfects Dxdiagdisplay
    Stacee
    Stacee

Post by Stacee Sun 27 Sep 2009, 8:17 pm

Kirahvi wrote: Second step: Turning off Vsync
    Now that you know who made your graphics card, it is time to turn the Vsync off. Now sadly IF your graphics card manufacturer is Intel Graphics, you are out of luck. If your manufacturer is ATI and you are using windows Vista, then you are out of luck, but if using ATI videocard and windows XP, you can turn vsync off. Same with NVIDIA graphics both in Windows XP and Windows Vista.

Once you have turned vsync off, you can check in the game if the fps is any higher than originally. The best place to see fps is the place in the picture.
    Secret of Perfects VsyncOff

How to turn off vsync for NVIDIA:

Notice: You might need to update your video card drivers for NVIDIA to get this thing working. I think older drivers with Windows Vista, the turning VSync off does not work. Not sure what version of nvidia drivers is needed, but atleast forceware 170 and newer ones should work.

There are 2 ways turning vsync off for NVIDIA, first one is to completely turn it off, its quite fast and easy, then bit more hard way is to put it off on certain program, in this case audition. To open NVIDIA control panel go to your desktop and right click on there. Select NVIDIA control panel. If you dont have that option on your menu, you might need to update your driver or try to search some other ways to open the control panel.
    Secret of Perfects Desktop_Nvidia
    Easy way, always off everywhere:
    On left side of screen choose 3D Settings -> Adjust Image settings with preview. After this there is one slider, choose that and pull it fully on left, performance. After this click apply and it should be turned off.

Program specific:
    On left side of screen choose 3D Settings -> Manage 3D settings. Then on right side choose Program settings and tick off the "Show only programs found on this computer" then choose Audition from the list. When you scroll down the feature list, you will see Vertical sync. Click that and choose Force off. After this click apply at the bottom of the screen and it should be off. Also noteworthy: where you see the pre-render frames ahead to turn that value to 0 or 1, prefer 0. It may drop fps a bit, but it should make keypressings slightly more accurate in my opinion.
    Secret of Perfects Nvidia_3dsettings

Secret of Perfects Nvidia_vsync_off

Last edited by Stacee on Sun 27 Sep 2009, 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Stacee
    Stacee

Post by Stacee Sun 27 Sep 2009, 8:20 pm

kirahvi wrote:How to turn off vsync for ATI:

This will sadly NOT work with windows Vista, if you have ATI videocard. Haven't yet found a working solution for Ati cards using windows Vista.

Go to your desktop panel and right click on empty spot there. Choose Catalyst(tm) Control Panel, look example from the nvidia one the first line. If this one not found try to look other ways accessing your video card options.
    Secret of Perfects Catalyst

On program this will turn off vsync from every single program. First choose advanced view. Then on left side of screen choose 3D -> All settings. Then on right side scroll until you will see: Wait for vertical refresh. Pull the slider fully on left to put force off then click apply.
    Secret of Perfects Catalystpanel

Possible other ways to find the controls for your graphic card:

In windows XP: Go to your desktop, then right click and select properties, look example from the nvidia one the first line. Then in display properties select the tab settings and then press button advanced. In this window there might be some tabs for graphic settings for direct3D. You need to turn off the vsync for direct3D application.
    Secret of Perfects Displayproperties

Secret of Perfects Advanced
    John
    John
    Nub

Post by John Mon 28 Sep 2009, 4:56 pm

I actually believe that the Metronome is the secret to perfs :3
    Yuushi
    Yuushi
    Freedom

Post by Yuushi Mon 28 Sep 2009, 10:19 pm

Some more experienced players really shun use of a metronome though. Since it doesn't really take much skill to perf that way. ;D
    Stacee
    Stacee

Post by Stacee Mon 28 Sep 2009, 10:34 pm

Hey buttfaces, guess what.
    I was just taking all the stuff and transferred here.
    This guide took me forever to copy and paste exact ;~;
    Yuushi
    Yuushi
    Freedom

Post by Yuushi Tue 29 Sep 2009, 4:05 am

Stacee wrote:Hey buttfaces, guess what.
    I was just taking all the stuff and transferred here.
    This guide took me forever to copy and paste exact ;~;
    I had to do that with the other guides, but I linked back to them in big text first thing at the top of the topics. Very Happy

I like this guide most though, most helpful for me. Waiting on a good BR guide though...
    Stacee
    Stacee

Post by Stacee Tue 29 Sep 2009, 5:25 pm

Make one ;D
    Yuushi
    Yuushi
    Freedom

Post by Yuushi Thu 01 Oct 2009, 1:57 am

I would if I wasn't epic fail at BR. D: I need a guide to help me out. Very Happy
    Stacee
    Stacee

Post by Stacee Sat 03 Oct 2009, 1:34 am

Haha, yoran is pro.
    ask him to make a guide 8D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 May 2024, 6:10 pm